DUBLIN, Ireland, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPGY), the global specialty biopharmaceutical company, announces that the NASDAQ ticker symbol for Shire's American Depositary Shares ("ADSs") will change from "SHPGY" to "SHPG" on and from the opening of NASDAQ trading on July 11, 2012.
Each ADS continues to represent 3 ordinary shares of Shire plc.
The London Stock Exchange ticker symbol for Shire plc's ordinary shares remains "SHP".Notes to editors SHIRE PLC Shire's strategic goal is to become the leading specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire focuses its business on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, human genetic therapies, gastrointestinal diseases and regenerative medicine as well as opportunities in other therapeutic areas to the extent they arise through acquisitions. Shire's in-licensing, merger and acquisition efforts are focused on products in specialist markets with strong intellectual property protection and global rights. Shire believes that a carefully selected and balanced portfolio of products with strategically aligned and relatively small-scale sales forces will deliver strong results. For further information on Shire, please visit the Company's website: http://www.shire.com. For further information please contact: Investor Relations Eric Rojas email@example.com +1-781-482-0999 Sarah Elton-Farr firstname.lastname@example.org +44(0)1256-894157 SOURCE Shire plc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV