Rumors of a smaller tablet have persisted ever since Apple released its original iPad in 2010, but now the rumors are coming fast and furious and analysts have begun to include them in their projections. Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster recently wrote in a research note that Apple could sell 4 million to 6 million "iPad Mini's" in the December quarter.
Despite the robust projections provided by Munster, only 43% of the 815 people who responded to the poll said they would "buy anything Apple related."
A large percentage of respondents, 28%, agreed with former CEO Steve Jobs in that a 7-inch tablet was "dead on arrival." On a quarterly conference call in 2010, Jobs was dismissive of 7-inch tablets. "One naturally thinks that a 7-inch screen would offer 70 percent of the benefits of a 10-inch screen. Unfortunately, this is far from the truth ... The reason we
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV