NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The benchmark U.S. stock indices retreated Monday amid nervousness about second-quarter reporting season and rising Spanish bond yields.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed down 36 points, or 0.28%, at 12,736. The blue-chip index, which has now fallen in three straight sessions, did catch a slight bounce toward the end of session to finish roughly 50 points above the day's low of 12,686.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV