SHANGHAI, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. ("JinkoSolar" or the "Company") (NYSE: JKS), one of the world's leading global solar power product manufacturers, today announced its complete line of industry leading solar modules has passed the salt mist corrosion test in accordance with International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)61701 standards. This is the second successful test performed by international research firm TUV Rheinland, indicating strong module durability for harsh environmental conditions.
Resistance to salt mist corrosion is key to ensuring adequate solar power yield in coastal regions where salt-laden humidity and rain persist. These salty conditions adversely affect key module components, such as frames, junction boxes and glass surfaces, thereby reducing performance and shortening module lifetime. To replicate real-world, harsh conditions, JinkoSolar's modules underwent 56 days of eight test cycles. Each module was sprayed with salt water for two hours and then stored at 40 degrees Celsius and 93 percent humidity for 20 hours.
"Our modules consistently pass international testing standards, a strong indication of the high quality performance for which we are well known," said Kangping Chen, CEO of JinkoSolar. "The satisfactory salt corrosion test results confirm that JinkoSolar's modules can be installed in any coastal regions and run without interference. We are proud to continue offering reliable products for our global customer base."
This March, JinkoSolar's modules successfully passed TUV Rheinland ammonia corrosion tests, a key indicator of resistance to degradation in agricultural areas such as livestock farms. Additionally, the company's solar modules consistently achieved the highest unit power yield in PHOTON Laboratory's outdoor field tests.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV