DALLAS, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TransData Inc. today announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has confirmed the validity of all of the company's United States smart meter patents after concluding a series of ex-parte reexaminations.
TransData's smart meter patents are directed towards wireless "under-glass" communication technology invented by the company for use in digital electric meters. Digital electric meters incorporating this technology are commonly referred to today as "smart meters."
The USPTO ruled in TransData's favor after issuing a Notice of Intent to Issue a Reexamination Certificate in the last of four anonymously filed patent reexamination requests that challenged the validity of TransData's smart meter patents. In each case, the request for reexamination came after TransData initiated enforcement actions to protect its intellectual property. The USPTO confirmed the patentability of all pending claims in each of the contested United States patents.
TransData's smart meter patent portfolio includes the following U.S. and Canadian patents:
- U.S. Patent No. 6,181,294 - Antenna for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacture Thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 6,462,713 - Antenna for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacturing Thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 6,903,699 - Wireless Communication Device for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacture Thereof
- Canadian Patent No. 2,245,251 - Antenna for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacture Thereof
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV