DALLAS, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TransData Inc. today announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has confirmed the validity of all of the company's United States smart meter patents after concluding a series of ex-parte reexaminations.
TransData's smart meter patents are directed towards wireless "under-glass" communication technology invented by the company for use in digital electric meters. Digital electric meters incorporating this technology are commonly referred to today as "smart meters."
The USPTO ruled in TransData's favor after issuing a Notice of Intent to Issue a Reexamination Certificate in the last of four anonymously filed patent reexamination requests that challenged the validity of TransData's smart meter patents. In each case, the request for reexamination came after TransData initiated enforcement actions to protect its intellectual property. The USPTO confirmed the patentability of all pending claims in each of the contested United States patents.
TransData's smart meter patent portfolio includes the following U.S. and Canadian patents:
- U.S. Patent No. 6,181,294 - Antenna for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacture Thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 6,462,713 - Antenna for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacturing Thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 6,903,699 - Wireless Communication Device for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacture Thereof
- Canadian Patent No. 2,245,251 - Antenna for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacture Thereof
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts