DALLAS, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TransData Inc. today announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has confirmed the validity of all of the company's United States smart meter patents after concluding a series of ex-parte reexaminations.
TransData's smart meter patents are directed towards wireless "under-glass" communication technology invented by the company for use in digital electric meters. Digital electric meters incorporating this technology are commonly referred to today as "smart meters."
The USPTO ruled in TransData's favor after issuing a Notice of Intent to Issue a Reexamination Certificate in the last of four anonymously filed patent reexamination requests that challenged the validity of TransData's smart meter patents. In each case, the request for reexamination came after TransData initiated enforcement actions to protect its intellectual property. The USPTO confirmed the patentability of all pending claims in each of the contested United States patents.
TransData's smart meter patent portfolio includes the following U.S. and Canadian patents:
- U.S. Patent No. 6,181,294 - Antenna for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacture Thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 6,462,713 - Antenna for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacturing Thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 6,903,699 - Wireless Communication Device for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacture Thereof
- Canadian Patent No. 2,245,251 - Antenna for Electric Meter and Method of Manufacture Thereof
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV