- Progressive releases findings from detailed analysis of five billion driving miles—the most in-depth study of usage-based insurance (UBI) ever conducted:
- Actual driving behavior is the leading variable in predicting a driver’s risk, carrying more than twice the predictive power of any other factor.
- Drivers with the highest-risk driving behavior have loss costs that are approximately 2.5 times the costs of drivers with the lowest-risk behavior—suggesting that the range of rates can be far wider and more personalized than they are today.
- The majority of drivers who are lower-risk subsidize the minority of higher-risk drivers.
- Seven out of ten drivers who try Progressive’s Snapshot® UBI program have qualified for a discount, which can be as high as 30 percent for the lowest-risk drivers. Progressive now expands access to Snapshot to drivers who aren’t Progressive customers.
This Cool Snapshot Gadget From Progressive Won't Cost You A Cent, But It Could Save You Up To 30 Percent On Your Car Insurance. (Photo: Business Wire)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.