PHILADELPHIA, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC) announced today the company's bifenthrin insecticide has been reapproved for use in the European Union by the Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health. FMC will begin immediately the process to reinstate bifenthrin registrations in all key member states.
"We are very pleased that bifenthrin has been accepted for use in the Community and that its health and environmental profile has met the EU's high standards," said Marc Hullebroeck, Eurasia area director, FMC Agricultural Products.
Bifenthrin has long been recognized as a valuable and effective crop protection product by growers around the world. It is a unique, versatile pyrethroid insecticide that works quickly on a wide range of destructive insects. It will once again be available to growers in the EU where it will be registered for oilseed rape, cereals, vegetables, ornamental and other uses. FMC will also continue with developing new and innovative formulations for control of economically important pests.About FMC Corporation FMC Corporation is a diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial, environmental and consumer markets globally for more than a century with innovative solutions, applications and quality products. In 2011, FMC had annual sales of approximately $3.4 billion. The company employs approximately 5,000 people throughout the world, and operates its businesses in three segments: Agricultural Products, Specialty Chemicals and Industrial Chemicals. For more information, visit www.FMC.com. SOURCE FMC Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV