Ten Provincial Signature Creations Offer a Little Taste of Home - Ice Cream Style
OAKVILLE, ON, July 9, 2012 /CNW/ - Did you know July 15 th is National Ice Cream Day? To celebrate, Cold Stone Creamery has unveiled ten Provincial Signature Creations, representing each Canadian province. The delicious Creations combine the most popular mix-ins in each respective province with Cold Stone Creamery's premium ice cream, made with real Canadian cream.
National Ice Cream Day is a testament to Canadian's love of real ice cream. According to data from the NPD Group, Canadians ate more than 121 million servings of ice cream at quick-service restaurants in 2011.
Here's the scoop on Cold Stone Creamery's Provincial Signature Creations from East to West:
- Newfoundland "Cod"ton Candy Dandy - Loaded with sprinkles and gummy bears and topped with a dollop of whipped topping in a bright blue cotton candy ice cream base, this cold concoction is as colourful as a good old-fashioned kitchen party on a St. John's Saturday night.
- Nova Scotia Blueberry "Scone'er"- Sweet Cream ice cream loaded with blueberries the colour of the North Atlantic, with graham cracker pie crust and almonds like the rocky coast line that Nova Scotians call home.
- PEI Rocky Road to "Heaven-lea" - Chock full of crunchy almonds, chocolate chips, and smothered in fudge sauce, this chocolate ice cream creation is as rocky as the tiny island's red sandstone cliffs.
- New Brunswick Ploye Perfection - Pieces of yellow cake mixed into Cake Batter ice cream and decked out with whipped topping and strawberries, this take on a traditional Acadian pancake is anything but flat.
- Quebec La Poutine Gourmand - A sweet take on Quebecois cuisine, this creamy creation features French Vanilla ice cream mixed with pecans, chocolate shavings all smothered in caramel sauce.
- Ontario's Berry Best - Inspired by the strawberry fields of southwestern Ontario, this creation is loaded with brownies, Ontario strawberries and fudge sauce mixed into strawberry ice cream.
- Manitoba Red River Flare - A taste of fruity goodness with strawberries, bananas and whipped topping on top of delicious strawberry ice cream. This cold creation's soft texture is as rich as Manitoba valleys and as plush as the humid air.
- Saskatchewan Wheat King Coronation - Golden yellow cake chunks mixed into Cake Batter ice cream, topped with pieces of SKOR® bar and swirled with caramel sauce, to represent the fertile terrain and golden yellow wheat fields of Canada's breadbasket.
- Alberta Black Gold - Tim Hortons Double Double Coffee ice cream mixed with dark gooey fudge to capture the fast paced, hardworking oilmen of Canada's cowboy province, mixed with a mountainous terrain layer of graham cracker pie crust and almonds.
- B.C. Rocky Mountain Landslide - Whipped topping on top of chocolate ice cream to signify the snowy peaks of the Rockies; mix in Oreo® cookie pieces and chocolate chips to capture the craggy cliffs of Canada's West.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV