FARNBOROUGH, England, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Spirit AeroSystems ( Europe) Ltd. at Farnborough International Airshow today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Sigma Aeronautics Ltd., as part of Spirit's strategy to further develop its supply chain capabilities within the United Kingdom. Sigma represents a number of aerospace companies located in Northern Ireland.
"Today's signing with Sigma further solidifies our joint commitment to build and support the aircraft manufacturing supply chain in the U.K.," said Neil McManus, Vice President and Managing Director of Spirit Europe. "At Spirit Europe, we are keen to explore the potential for new opportunities in this area."
The MOU was signed in the presence of Peter Robinson, Northern Ireland's First Minister and Arlene Foster, Northern Ireland Minister for Enterprise.
Welcoming the MOU, Minister Foster commented, "This is a major opportunity for Northern Ireland companies to collaborate and win increasing business in a fast expanding aerospace market. Aerospace is a substantial employer in Northern Ireland and is the type of technology led and innovation driven industry to accelerate growth in exports and high value jobs."David Raymond, MD of Sigma, stated, "Spirit's offer to work with Northern Ireland aerospace companies to help them step up to become an integral part of its UK supply chain presents a tremendous opportunity for companies here." "Together we supply directly and indirectly to most of the major aircraft manufacturers worldwide. Our mission is to understand and share Spirit`s strategy for growth and ensure we become a long term partner in their success." "We will build new business together based on successful collaboration, innovation, competitiveness, technical excellence, and the will to win."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV