NATICK, Mass., July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kurzweil Educational Systems®, a division of Cambium Learning Technologies, announced today the release of the Kurzweil 3000® – firefly app for the iPad.
The Kurzweil 3000 - firefly iPad app provides mobile access to digital content and powerful literacy tools to enable individuals with the cognitive ability, but not the literacy skills, to achieve their academic and personal goals.
Kurzweil 3000 is a text-to-speech based technology solution that enables struggling readers to learn at grade level. Research has shown the program to be particularly appropriate for students with learning disabilities such as dyslexia, those who require reading intervention, students struggling with reading comprehension, and English Language Learners (ELL).
"We are delighted to be releasing our first mobile app," said Alex Saltonstall, general manager, Kurzweil Educational Systems and IntelliTools. "Individuals rely on Kurzweil 3000 every day to enable them to succeed at their level of academic interest. Increasingly our customers have access to iPads, and the firefly iPad app will now give them even more access to the content they are reading and the literacy support tools they rely upon. Whether downloaded to a school or personal iPad, we believe our free app will extend learning on this engaging and mobile platform."iPad app benefits for students and teachers:
- Mobile access to instructional materials
- Free to Kurzweil 3000 customers, the iPad app is simple to install and use
- Modern and engaging user interface
- Accessible to many students with physical limitations
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV