Caterpillar Inc (CAT): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Loser
Caterpillar (CAT) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar fell $2.24 (-2.6%) to $84.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.6 million shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $83.83-$85.25 after having opened the day at $85.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.79. Other company's within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: Wowjoint Holdings (BWOW), down 13.8%, China BAK Battery (CBAK), down 12.3%, A123 Systems (AONE), down 10.8%, and Active Power (ACPW), down 7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV