Tempur-Pedic International Inc. (TPX): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Winner
Tempur-Pedic International (TPX) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Tempur-Pedic International rose 51 cents (2.1%) to $24.21 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Tempur-Pedic International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.08-$24.72 after having opened the day at $23.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.70. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Virco Manufacturing Corporation (VIRC), up 4.8%, Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB), up 3.9%, Nautilus Group (NLS), up 3.5%, and LJ International (JADE), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Tempur-Pedic International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV