Career Education (CECO), through colleges, schools and universities that are part of the CEC family, offers education to a diverse student population of approximately 100,000 students in a variety of career-oriented disciplines through online, on-ground and hybrid learning program offerings. This stock is trading up 2% at $6.64 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $6.28-$6.7552-Week Range: $5.32-$25.26 Volume: 381,413 Three-Month Average Volume: 1.2 million From a technical perspective, CECO is moving modestly higher here with below-average volume, and the stock is bouncing right off its 50-day moving average of $6.48. This move is starting to push CECO within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once CECO takes out some overhead resistance levels at $7.05 to $7.15, and then $7.39 to $7.49 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once CECO sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 1,221,200 shares. If we get that breakout soon, then look for CECO to re-test and possibly take out its 200-day moving average of $8.99. I would simply avoid this stock if it fails to get above $7.05 for starters, and then drops below some major near-term support at $6.38 with high-volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV