Cadence Pharmaceuticals (CADX) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on acquiring, in-licensing, developing and commercializing products principally for use in the hospital setting. This stock is trading up 7.6% at $3.95 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.56-$3.9952-Week Range: $2.56-$9.27 Volume: 160,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 375,129 >>5 Health Care Stocks Setting Up to Break Out From a technical perspective, CADX is ripping higher here with light volume, and the stock has moved into near-term breakout territory since the stock has taken out resistance at $3.70 to $3.88. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once CADX moves above its 200-day moving average of $4.08 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that's near or above 375,129 shares. If we get that action soon, then CADX should re-test and possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $4.37 to $4.63. If those levels are then taken out with volume, CADX could spike toward $5 to $6 in the near future. On the flipside, I would avoid CADX if it fails to maintain a strong volume trend back above its 200-day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV