Research In Motion
Research In Motion (RIMM) is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. This stock is trading up 4% to $8.00 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.57-$8.0652-Week Range: $7.14-$33.54 Volume: 23.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 19.6 million >>4 Earnings Reports Bigger Than RIM's From a technical perspective, RIMM is jumping higher here off of oversold levels, and off its recent low of $7.14 with heavy volume. I say oversold because the relative strength index reading for RIMM was just below 30 during the last few trading sessions, and now sits at 33. This move has also pushed RIMM into near-term breakout territory since the stock is moving above its gap-down day high of $7.98 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as RIMM is trending above that gap-down day high with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 19.6 million shares as bullish. If we continue to see that trend, then RIMM could easily spike toward its next major overhead resistance levels at $9.34, or even its 50-day moving average of $10.73.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV