Research In Motion
Research In Motion (RIMM) is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. This stock is trading up 4% to $8.00 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.57-$8.0652-Week Range: $7.14-$33.54 Volume: 23.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 19.6 million >>4 Earnings Reports Bigger Than RIM's From a technical perspective, RIMM is jumping higher here off of oversold levels, and off its recent low of $7.14 with heavy volume. I say oversold because the relative strength index reading for RIMM was just below 30 during the last few trading sessions, and now sits at 33. This move has also pushed RIMM into near-term breakout territory since the stock is moving above its gap-down day high of $7.98 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as RIMM is trending above that gap-down day high with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 19.6 million shares as bullish. If we continue to see that trend, then RIMM could easily spike toward its next major overhead resistance levels at $9.34, or even its 50-day moving average of $10.73.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV