One under-$10 name in the airline complex that's setting up to trend higher is SkyWest (SKYW), which, through its subsidiaries, operates a regional airline in the U.S. It also provides ground handling services for other airlines throughout its system. This stock is off to a bearish start in 2012, with shares down by over 40%.
If you take a look at the chart for SkyWest, you'll see that the bears have done a number on this stock during the last six months, with shares plunging from over $13 a share to a recent low of $6.25 a share. During that massive move lower, shares of SkyWest have consistently made lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, SKYW has now started to trend sideways for the past month between $6.25 to $7.10 a share. In fact, SKYW has started to show a double bottom pattern at around $6.25 to $6.34 a share, and the stock looks posed to trigger a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV