Presidential Life Corporation Announces Purchase Of Shell Insurance Company
On July 3, 2012, pursuant to a Stock Purchase Agreement dated February 23, 2012 as amended on July 3, 2012 with GALAC Holding Company, the Seller and an affiliate of the American Financial Group, Inc., Presidential Life Corporation (the “Company”) (NASDAQ: PLFE) completed the purchase of Great American Life Assurance Company (“GALAC”), an Ohio domiciled insurance company with approximately $5.60 million in statutory capital and surplus, for cash of $7.04 million . Upon purchase, GALAC’s statutory capital and surplus principally consists of cash, short-term investments, and bonds with minimal liabilities as policyholder obligations related to in-force contracts are fully reinsured. The purchase price is subject to adjustment for the differential between final statutory capital and surplus at June 30, 2012 and $5.60 million. GALAC maintains licenses to write life and annuity business in 38 states plus the District of Columbia. The Company is obtaining the aforesaid licenses and statutory capital and surplus as part of this transaction.
About Presidential Life
Presidential Life Corporation, through its wholly owned subsidiary Presidential Life Insurance Company, is a provider of fixed deferred and immediate annuities, life insurance and accident & health insurance products to financial service professionals and their clients. Headquartered in Nyack, New York, the Company was founded in 1969 and markets its products in 50 states and the District of Columbia. For more information, visit our website www.presidentiallife.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV