Teradata: S&P Intraday Laggard
The S&P 500 was falling more than 14 points, or 1.06%, to 1,353.
Shares of Teradata dropped 9.63% to $65.63. Rival Informatica (INFA) reported Thursday preliminary second-quarter earnings of 27 cents a share to 28 cents a share. Analysts, on average, were anticipating earnings of 37 cents a share.
Bloomberg reported BMO analyst Karl Keirstead said Informatica's earnings move "will likely raise concerns about Teradata, Tibco, Pegasystems, Oracle and IBM."Teradata trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 30.9 times; the average among its peers is 31.87. For comparison, Oracle (ORCL) has a lower forward P/E of 14.71. Eleven of the 20 analysts who cover Teradata rated it buy; nine analysts gave the stock a hold rating. The stock has risen 35.31% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV