Campus Crest Communities, Inc. (NYSE:CCG) (the “Company”) today announced it has closed on the purchase of the remaining 50.1% interest in The Grove at Moscow, Idaho, and the remaining 80.0% interest in The Grove at Valdosta, Georgia, owned by its joint venture partner, Harrison Street Real Estate (“HSRE”). The Company utilized approximately $43.5 million of proceeds from its recent common equity offering to fund the $16.2 million purchase price and retire $27.3 million of mortgage indebtedness secured by the properties.
Based on management’s current estimate of the properties’ next 12 months net operating income, the acquisitions imply a nominal capitalization rate of approximately 7.2%.
With the completion of this acquisition, the Company has purchased wholly-owned interests in seven properties from HSRE and increased its wholly-owned operating assets from 27 to 29 properties. The Company continues to own interests in four additional operating assets held in joint ventures with HSRE.
The table below provides details on the properties:
|Property||University Served||Year Opened||
Miles to Campus
| Total Enrollment
|The Grove at Moscow||University of Idaho||2009||0.5||11,043||97.4%|
|The Grove at Valdosta||Valdosta State University||2011||1.9||13,089||98.8%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV