Court Denies Preliminary Injunction Motion Against Ariosa Diagnostics
SAN JOSE, Calif., July 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ariosa Diagnostics, a molecular diagnostics company, announced today that the United States District Court for the Northern District of California denied the preliminary injunction motion filed against Ariosa Diagnostics by Sequenom, Inc. In its preliminary injunction motion, Sequenom sought to enjoin Ariosa Diagnostics from offering or selling its Harmony™ Prenatal Test, pending the ultimate resolution of the litigation between Ariosa Diagnostics and Sequenom. "Ariosa Diagnostics has vigorously opposed Sequenom's drastic attempt to bar Ariosa from competing with our Harmony Prenatal Test, and we feel pleased and vindicated by the Court's order denying Sequenom's preliminary injunction motion," said Dr. Ken Song, Ariosa Diagnostics' Chief Executive Officer.
About Ariosa Diagnostics (formerly Aria Diagnostics)
Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc. is a molecular diagnostics company committed to providing safe, highly accurate and affordable prenatal tests for maternal and fetal health. Led by an experienced team, Ariosa is using its proprietary technology to perform a directed analysis of cell-free DNA in blood. Ariosa's simple blood test equips pregnant women and their healthcare providers with reliable information to make decisions regarding their health, without creating unnecessary stress or anxiety.The company began operations in 2010 and is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. For more information, visit www.ariosadx.com. SOURCE Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV