SunCoke Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SXC) today reported that second quarter 2012 U.S. coke production is expected to be approximately 1,089 thousand tons. This reflects an estimated increase of 167 thousand tons versus the same period in 2011 and an estimated 21 thousand tons versus first quarter 2012. The estimated year-over-year increase in U.S. coke production in the second quarter was driven by our new Middletown facility and continued strong operations at our Haverhill and Granite City facilities. The estimated increase versus first quarter 2012 is due to higher production at our Indiana Harbor and Middletown facilities.
Our U.S. cokemaking capacity utilization was approximately 103 percent in second quarter 2012 versus 100 percent in second quarter 2011 and 101 percent in first quarter 2012.
|U.S. Coke Production|
|Quarter ended||Quarter ended||Six months ended|
|June 30,||March 31,||June 30,|
|In thousands of tons||2012*||2011||2012||2011||2012*||2011|
|Other Domestic Coke||913||745||894||687||1,807||1,432|
- The Company tentatively plans to report second quarter 2012 financial results before market open on Thursday, July 26, 2012, and will host an investor conference call at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (9:00 a.m. Central Time) on that date. This conference call will be webcast live and archived for replay in the Investor Relations section of www.suncoke.com. Participants can listen in by dialing 1-800-471-6718 (domestic) or 1-630-691-2735 (international) and referencing confirmation 32807717. Please log in or dial in at least 10 minutes prior to the start time to ensure a connection. A replay of the call will be available for seven days by calling 1-888-843-7419 (domestic) or 1-630-652-3042 (international) and referencing confirmation 3280 7717#.
SUNCOKE ENERGY, INC.SunCoke Energy, Inc. is the largest independent producer of metallurgical coke in the Americas, with about 50 years of experience supplying coke to the integrated steel industry. Our advanced, heat recovery cokemaking process produces high-quality coke for use in steelmaking, captures waste heat for derivative energy resale and meets or exceeds environmental standards. Our cokemaking facilities are located in Virginia, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and Vitoria, Brazil, and our coal mining operations, which have more than 114 million tons of proven and probable reserves, are located in Virginia and West Virginia. To learn more about SunCoke Energy, Inc., visit our website at www.suncoke.com. FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS Some of the statements included in this press release constitute “forward looking statements” (as defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended). Such forward-looking statements are based on management’s beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available. You should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include all statements that are not historical facts and may be identified by the use of forward looking terminology such as the words “believe,” “expect,” “plan,” “project,” “intend,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “may,” “will,” “should” or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV