ConocoPhillips (COP): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
ConocoPhillips (COP) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, ConocoPhillips fell $1.11 (-2%) to $55.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8.9 million shares of ConocoPhillips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.19-$56.31 after having opened the day at $56.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.41. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Houston American Energy Corporation (HUSA), down 18.4%, Prospect Global Resources (PGRX), down 12%, Solazyme (SZYM), down 10.4%, and Cardero Resources Corporation (CDY), down 10.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full ConocoPhillips Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV