McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated (MHP): Today's Featured Media Winner
McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated (MHP) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated rose 29 cents (0.6%) to $45.98 on light volume. Throughout the day, 857,017 shares of McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.42-$46.26 after having opened the day at $45.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.69. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Gray Television (GTN), up 8.4%, Dex One (DEXO), up 6.1%, Noah Education Holdings (NED), up 4.8%, and Central European Media (CETV), up 4.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full McGraw-Hill Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV