Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc. (MMC): Today's Featured Insurance Winner
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Marsh & McLennan Companies rose 28 cents (0.9%) to $32.68 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of Marsh & McLennan Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.22-$32.86 after having opened the day at $32.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.40. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: National Security Group (NSEC), up 5.8%, Homeowners Choice (HCII), up 3.4%, 21st Century Holding Company (TCHC), up 1.8%, and Baldwin & Lyons (BWINA), up 1.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Marsh & McLennan Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV