Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Winner
Newell Rubbermaid (NWL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Newell Rubbermaid rose 52 cents (2.9%) to $18.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.6 million shares of Newell Rubbermaid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.97-$18.72 after having opened the day at $17.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.12. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Leapfrog (LF), up 9.1%, Universal Electronics (UEIC), up 7.6%, Generac Holdings (GNRC), up 6.7%, and Chromcraft Revington (CRC), up 4.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Newell Rubbermaid Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV