Northern Trust Corporation (NTRS): Today's Featured Banking Winner
Northern Trust Corporation (NTRS) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Northern Trust Corporation rose 43 cents (0.9%) to $47.05 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Northern Trust Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.33-$47.29 after having opened the day at $46.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.62. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Hampton Roads Bankshares (HMPR), up 27.5%, Firstbank Corp Michigan (FBMI), up 19.1%, Plumas Bancorp (PLBC), up 16.1%, and Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio (VBFC), up 12.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Northern Trust Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV