HAVERTY FURNITURE COMPANIES, INC. (NYSE: HVT and HVT.A) today reported sales for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Havertys' sales for the second quarter 2012 increased 5.9% to $151.5 million, compared with $143.1 million for the second quarter of 2011. On a comparable store basis, sales for the quarter increased 5.6%. Comparable store sales do not include locations opened, closed or otherwise non-comparable during the last 12 months. Sales for the first six months of 2012 totaled $315.1 million, compared with $297.3 million in 2011, representing an increase of 6.0%. On a comparable store basis, sales increased 5.7% for the first six months.
Written sales for the second quarter 2012 increased 3.5% over the same quarter last year.
| Sales in Millions
Total Sales % Change
Comparable Store Sales % Change
Clarence H. Smith, president and chief executive officer, said, "We are pleased with our sales results and encouraged by the stronger pace of business in the last half of the quarter. Upholstery sales continue to lead our product categories and the second quarter results include increased sales of bedroom merchandise. We believe our investments in improving the customer experience and developing a wider assortment of 'better' price point merchandise is gaining momentum with customers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV