Credit Agricole (ACA.PA)
Weiss Financial Strength Rating: E (Very Weak)
Credit Agricole, the second largest bank in France with assets of $2.2 trillion, is rated E (Very Weak) by Weiss Ratings. The bank's meager capital position, weak asset quality and poor profitability are primary factors behind Weiss' evaluation. With a tangible common equity ratio of 1.2%, Credit Agricole is well below the industry average of 8.4%. Nonperforming loans to core capital of 34.7% was worse than the average of 31.5%. Operating income to total assets was also very weak at 0.1% with global average benchmark of 0.8 percent.Bank of America (BAC) Weiss Financial Strength Rating: D+ (Weak) Headquarters: U.S. The largest U.S.-based global bank considered weak by Weiss Ratings is Bank of America (BAC), the tenth largest bank in the world with assets of $2.1 trillion. The bank reported return on equity of -1.5% for 2011, which is well below the industry average of 10%. Bank of America's reduced profitability due to prior bad loans and restructuring of nonperforming businesses is the primary factor in determining the D+ rating.
In Winners and Losers in the Great Global Banking Crisis of 2012-2013, we partner with our sister company, Weiss Research, to combine the global bank ratings with recommendations from the editor of the Safe Money Report, Mike Larson.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV