7 Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves Higher
Avalon Rare Metals
Avalon Rare Metals (AVL) is a Canada-based mineral exploration and development company. The company's primary focus is on rare metals and minerals, including tin, lithium, tantalum, niobium, cesium, indium, gallium, zirconium and calcium feldspar. This stock is trading up 5.3% to $1.63 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.54-$1.6752-Week Range: $1.36-$6.91 Volume: 569,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 506,967 >>5 Rocket Stocks Worth Buying in July From a technical perspective, shares of AVL are moving sharply higher here with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing AVL within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once AVL takes out its 50-day moving average of $1.67, and then once it moves above some near-term overhead resistance at $1.72 to $1.80 with high-volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades once AVL sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 506,967 shares. If we get that action soon, then AVL could easily tag its 200-day moving average of $2.63 in the near future. Keep in mind that this stock has been trending sideways for the last two months between $1.36 and $1.80. If that breakout hits with volume, then it will mean that AVL has taken out the upside of its range, which is bullish technical price action.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV