School Specialty (SCHS) is an education company serving the pre-kindergarten through 12th grade market with instructional solutions that address a range of educational needs, from basic school supplies to standards-based curriculum solutions. This stock is trading up 11.2% to $3.77 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.40-$3.9252-Week Range: $2.15-$15.37 Volume: 229,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 227,233 >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, SCHS is ripping higher here with above average volume, and the stock has entered breakout territory since it's moved above $3.24 to $3.38. This move is quickly pushing SCHS within range of triggering another major breakout trade. That trade will trigger once SCHS takes out some past overhead resistance at $4.03 and then its 200-day moving average of $4.10 with high volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades once SCHS sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 227,233 shares. If we get that action today or soon, then look for SCHS to hit its next significant overhead resistance level at $4.78, or possibly even $7.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV