Another tech stock that's setting up to trigger a near-term breakout is technology king Apple (AAPL). This stock is off to a strong start in 2012, with shares up around 50%. (It was also featured earlier today in "5 Stocks Ready to Slingshot Higher."
If you look at the chart for Apple, you'll notice that this stock recently found some buying interest right around its 50-day moving average of $573.95 a share. After buyers stepped in, shares of AAPL started to soar and trigger a near-term breakout trade once it cleared some overhead resistance levels at $588.50 to $590 a share with decent volume. That move is now pushing AAPL within range of triggering another major breakout trade that could lead to a sharp move higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV