Another tech stock that's setting up to trigger a near-term breakout is technology king Apple (AAPL). This stock is off to a strong start in 2012, with shares up around 50%. (It was also featured earlier today in " 5 Stocks Ready to Slingshot Higher."
If you look at the chart for Apple, you'll notice that this stock recently found some buying interest right around its 50-day moving average of $573.95 a share. After buyers stepped in, shares of AAPL started to soar and trigger a near-term breakout trade once it cleared some overhead resistance levels at $588.50 to $590 a share with decent volume. That move is now pushing AAPL within range of triggering another major breakout trade that could lead to a sharp move higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV