Another stock that's trading within range of a major breakout trade is technology player Stratasys (SSYS), a manufacturer of 3D printers and production systems for the office-based rapid prototyping and direct digital manufacturing markets. This stock is off to a monster start in 2012, with shares up over 73% so far.
If you take a look at the chart for Stratasys, you'll see that this stock was trading range bound since the start of June, between $42.70 to $43.68 on the downside and around $49 to $50.73 on the upside. Shares of Stratasys have started to break out above that upper end of that range today with shares now trading at $53 a share. That breakout is now quickly pushing SSYS within range of triggering another major breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV