Apple is reportedly readying a smaller version of its popular iPad. Some have questioned whether an iPad Mini would confuse consumers or perhaps tarnish the iPad brand. Former Apple CEO Steve Jobs, for example, was against the 7-inch tablet form-factor, calling it "dead on arrival."
Amazon (AMZN), Barnes & Noble (BKS) and Google (GOOG) all have 7-inch tablets in the market or in the works, so there is a market for it. The "iPad Mini" would reportedly be priced between $249 and $299. Apple cut the price of the iPad 2 to $399 when they announced the new iPad earlier this year.
We want to know what you think. Would you buy a 7-inch iPad? Vote in our poll, and the results will be up Monday afternoon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV