Advantest Corporation (TSE: 6857, NYSE: ATE) today announced that its South Korean subsidiary, Advantest Korea Co., Ltd. (Seoul, South Korea) broke ground on June 28 for its new factory in Cheonan City, Chungnam Province, South Korea. The ground breaking ceremony was attended by Cheonan mayor Moo-Yong Sung and other local dignitaries, in addition to representatives from Advantest customers and suppliers, who joined in cutting the tape at the construction site.
The new factory will comprise a two-storey building and a basement area with a total area of 39,821 m 2 equipped with environmental friendly Solar panel. Construction costs are expected to be approximately 50 billion won ($44 million / \3.5 billion), with the factory scheduled for completion in December 2012, and production to start in January 2013. The Cheonan factory will produce test handlers, used in conjunction with semiconductor test systems, and peripheral devices including probe cards and device interfaces.
About Advantest Corporation
A world-class technology company, Advantest is the leading producer of automatic test equipment (ATE) for the semiconductor industry and a premier manufacturer of measuring instruments. Its leading-edge products are integrated into the most advanced semiconductor production lines in the world. The company also focuses on R&D for emerging markets that benefit from advancements in nanotech and terahertz technologies, and has recently introduced multi-vision metrology scanning electron microscopes essential to photomask manufacturing, and 3D imaging analysis tools to the pharmaceutical and transportation industries. Founded in Tokyo in 1954, Advantest established its first subsidiary in 1982, in the USA, and now has subsidiaries worldwide. More information is available at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV