GEDERA, Israel, July 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
TAT Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: TATT - News), a leading provider of services and products to the commercial and military aerospace and ground defense industries, reported today that effective June 29, 2012, First Aviation Services Inc. ("FAvS") entered into a transaction with its controlling stockholder, Aaron Hollander ("Hollander"), pursuant to which FAvS borrowed $3 million from Hollander, secured by a third lien on the assets of FAvS. The loan bears interest at 10% and in addition Hollander was issued warrants to purchase shares of Class A Common Stock of FAvS representing 15% of FAvS post-exercise at an exercise price of $7.00 per share. Such exercise price reflects an equity value for FAvS of approximately $6.7 million. TAT's management believes that this is not necessarily an accurate indicator of the fair value of FAvS.
TAT presently owns approximately 30% of FAvS and upon full exercise of the warrants its holding will be diluted to approximately 25.5%. As of March 31, 2012 TAT's interest in FAvS is recorded on its books at a value of approximately $5 million. TAT also has a second lien on the assets of FAvS.
TAT is in the process of evaluating the accounting implications of this transaction for purposes of its financial statements and, in connection therewith, is expected to perform a valuation analysis.About TAT Technologies LTD TAT Technologies LTD is a leading provider of services and products to the commercial and military aerospace and ground defense industries. TAT operates under four segments: (i) Original Equipment Manufacturing or "OEM" of Heat Management Solutions (ii) OEM of Electric Motion Systems (iii) Heat Transfer Services and Products and (iv) Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul or "MRO" services of Aviation Components.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV