In response to the statewide crisis following Friday’s storm that left close to 700,000 West Virginians without power, the shareholders of West Virginia American Water are donating $7,500 to the American Red Cross for disaster relief in West Virginia.
“Just as our employees are working around the clock to maintain water service to the 600,000 West Virginians who depend on us for this most basic but invaluable necessity, the American Red Cross staff and volunteers are working around the clock to provide other crucial services to those in greatest need,” said Jeff McIntyre, president of West Virginia American Water. “We are proud to support these life-sustaining efforts and to work together with the Red Cross and many different partners around the state during this challenging time.”
Becky Howard, Regional Chief Development Officer for the American Red Cross’s West Virginia Region, says that this donation will greatly assist the organization’s disaster relief services, which include providing water to those whose water service has been disrupted due to the power outages.
West Virginia American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water services to approximately 600,000 people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to approximately 15 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.westvirginiaamwater.com.Connect with us: Facebook.com/wvamwater ● Twitter.com/wvamwater ● YouTube.com/wvamwater Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50332037&lang=en
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV