Shares of the semiconductor specialist closed up 5.19% on Tuesday, the last day of trading before the July Fourth holiday as investors welcomed the company's acquisition of bankrupt Japanese rival Elpida Memory and its stake in Rexchip Electronics. Both deals were announced on Monday.
Micron was also one of the most active Nasdaq stocks on Thursday, albeit on relatively modest share volume of 93,833.
Apple (AAPL) shares rose 0.45% to $602.12 in premarket trading on Thursday, despite closing down 1.16% on Tuesday. The iPhone maker was also an active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 110,488.RIM (RIM) also enjoyed a gain, rising 0.82% to $7.41. Shares of the embattled Canadian handset maker were off 1.87% on Tuesday despite chatter in the blogosphere about the company's product roadmap. Late on Tuesday, RIM announced that it will hold its annual general meeting of shareholders on July 10. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV