Chesapeake Lodging Trust (NYSE: CHSP) announced today that it has closed on a $60.0 million two-year term loan. The loan was provided by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., and subject to certain customary conditions, provides for three one-year extensions. At the initial closing, $25.0 million was advanced by the lender and is secured by the 122-room Holiday Inn New York City Midtown – 31 st Street. The remaining $35.0 million is expected to be advanced by the lender upon closing on our acquisition of the Hyatt Place New York Midtown South and satisfaction of certain customary closing conditions. Following that subsequent closing, the entire $60.0 principal amount of the loan will be secured by both hotels. The loan bears interest equal to LIBOR, plus 3.25%. Contemporaneous with the closing of the term loan, the Trust entered into an interest rate swap to effectively fix the interest rate on the initial $25.0 million advance for the original two-year term at 3.75% per annum. The Trust also expects to enter into an interest rate swap to fix the interest rate on the subsequent $35.0 million advance over the remaining term of the loan. Proceeds from the loan will be used to repay outstanding borrowings under the Trust’s revolving credit facility.
ABOUT CHESAPEAKE LODGING TRUST
Chesapeake Lodging Trust is a self-advised lodging real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on investments primarily in upper-upscale hotels in major business and convention markets and, on a selective basis, premium select-service hotels in urban settings or unique locations in the United States. The Trust owns 12 hotels with an aggregate of 3,516 rooms in six states and the District of Columbia. Additional information can be found on the Trust’s website at www.chesapeakelodgingtrust.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV