Gap Inc. (NYSE:GPS) today reported that June 2012 net sales increased 2 percent compared with last year.
Net sales for the five-week period ended June 30, 2012 were $1.41 billion compared with net sales of $1.38 billion for the five-week period ended July 2, 2011. The company’s comparable sales for June 2012 were flat compared with a 1 percent increase for June 2011.
“We’re pleased with our overall sales performance in June, especially the continued positive trend in our North America business,” said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
Comparable sales for June 2012 were as follows:
- Gap North America: positive 4 percent versus negative 1 percent last year
- Banana Republic North America: positive 5 percent versus positive 3 percent last year
- Old Navy North America: positive 1 percent versus positive 2 percent last year
- International: negative 14 percent versus positive 3 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV