Gap Inc. (NYSE:GPS) today reported that June 2012 net sales increased 2 percent compared with last year.
Net sales for the five-week period ended June 30, 2012 were $1.41 billion compared with net sales of $1.38 billion for the five-week period ended July 2, 2011. The company’s comparable sales for June 2012 were flat compared with a 1 percent increase for June 2011.
“We’re pleased with our overall sales performance in June, especially the continued positive trend in our North America business,” said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
Comparable sales for June 2012 were as follows:
- Gap North America: positive 4 percent versus negative 1 percent last year
- Banana Republic North America: positive 5 percent versus positive 3 percent last year
- Old Navy North America: positive 1 percent versus positive 2 percent last year
- International: negative 14 percent versus positive 3 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV