- Narrow spectrum activity that is bactericidal against C. difficile in vitro
- Mainly confined to the gastrointestinal tract
- Minimal effect on intestinal flora, with studies having demonstrated that fidaxomicin treatment did not affect Bacteroides concentrations or other major components of the microbiota in the feces of CDI patients
- Shown to inhibit C. difficile sporulation in vitro
- Suppresses the production of both toxin A and toxin B and inhibits toxin gene expression in vitro
Optimer's DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) Tablets Approved By Health Canada For The Treatment Of Clostridium Difficile Infection And Now Available To Canadian Patients
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.