Goodrich Foundation Awards Grant To Workshops For Warriors In San Diego
CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Goodrich Foundation has awarded Workshop for Warriors (WfW) in San Diego, Calif. $100,000 to support its program that provides job training and skill certification to U.S. veterans at no cost to students. WfW provides training in welding, milling and machining for wounded, homeless veterans and service men and women about to transition out of active duty into civilian life. Thousands of veterans are expected to end their military careers over the next several months as the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan wind down.
"One area of our giving focus at Goodrich is to honor the men and women who serve their country in the armed forces," said Marc Duvall, president of Goodrich's Aerostructures business. "Enabling Workshops for Warriors to provide much-needed job training to veterans one of the best ways that we as a company can tell our veterans, 'Thank you for your service.'"
Many returning veterans will come through San Diego on their way back to their hometowns, making Workshops for Warriors ideally located to assist them with their career transitions. In addition to helping veterans establish careers in an extremely tight job market, the program also benefits the country.
"America is hungry for manufacturing employees; there are more than two million unfilled manufacturing jobs in the U.S. right now," Hernan Luis y Prado, president Workshops for Warriors said. "Hiring our graduates is a win-win for this country and the people who served it. We want to be a major driver for retraining the world's greatest fighting force into the world's most modern manufacturing force."Last month, Luis y Prado was recognized as a "Champion of Change" for establishing Workshops for Warriors and his dedication to helping members of the armed forces.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV