By David Russell, reporter at OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- Terex (TEX) has lit up with upside option activity again this week as the bulls remain highly constructive on the name.
OptionMonster's tracking systems detected buying in the August 18 calls for $1.80, with more than 2,500 changing hands against open interest of 208 contracts on Tuesday. About 3,100 August 19 calls were also purchased, mostly for $1.30.
Those calls lock in the price investors must pay for shares in the company, which produces cranes and heavy trucks. These options can generate significant leverage in the event of a rally but will lose all or most of their value if the stock doesn't move higher.Terex's shares rose 8.07% to $18.62 on Tuesday. Earnings have beaten estimates for the last three quarters, and the stock doubled in value earlier this year before retreating in April and May. The next financial-release date hasn't been announced yet, but last year's timing suggests that it will occur later this month. Tuesday's call buyers are apparently looking for the stock to run higher into the news. Overall option volume was quadruple the daily average, with calls outnumbering puts by more than 4 to 1. Terex also drew bullish activity on June 27. Russell has no positions in TEX
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV