LONDON, PARIS, MUNICH and BRUSSELS, July 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Overall ADRs and ATPs increase in most business destinations; companies more willing to permit front of cabin travel for long-haul flights
Egencia ®, an Expedia, Inc. company, today unveiled its 2012 Global Corporate Travel Benchmarking Study and Travel Manager Research. The study evaluates the current business travel landscape and supply environment for air, hotel and rail inventory. Focusing on top domestic and international business destinations in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, Egencia analysed industry trends, supplier data and capacity implications in Q1 2012. Additionally, Egencia surveyed over 300 travel buyers globally identifying current trends and challenges.
"We want to ensure our customers succeed in today's industry landscape, and that they have the right tools to optimise their business travel programmes and policies to the best of their ability," said Rob Greyber, President, Egencia. "This study does just that - it provides businesses with key insight into air, hotel and train pricing in today's market, with tips on how to navigate successfully through a constantly evolving business travel environment."The study reveals that companies are sending their employees on the road again, tempered by a growing emphasis on cost control and efficiency for corporate travel. Based on Egencia's Q1 global supply research, the following is a summary of the 2012 pricing environment:
- For air travel, European points-of-sale, ATPs (Average Ticket Prices) for European destinations increased nearly 6% YoY (compared to a decrease of 8% YoY in 2011). The increased ATPs can be attributed to rising fuel prices and airline load factors have slightly increased, with suppliers carefully managing capacity.
- For air travel, North American points-of-sale, ATPs for North America showed increases approximately 6% in nearly all business destinations due to increasing cost pressures, especially higher fuel prices and a limited increase in supply.
- For air travel, ATPs for intra-APAC destinations increased 3% YoY.
- The hotel environment worldwide experienced an Average Daily Rates (ADRs) increase in the majority of destinations. ADRs increased an average of 3.3% in Europe, 6% in North America, and 5.7% in Asia-Pacific.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV