Portland General Electric Company (NYSE:POR) today released to stakeholders and potential bidders a draft request for proposals that is expected to open for bids later this year. The RFP will seek power generating resources to help PGE comply with Oregon’s renewable energy standard. This early look at the draft RFP allows interested parties insight into what the company is looking for from renewable resources before PGE asks for regulatory approval to move forward.
“PGE is steadily adding renewable resources,” said Jim Lobdell, PGE’s vice president for power operations and resource strategy. “Our customers are benefitting right now from the resource diversity provided by wind generation, as well as key solar projects we’ve put in place over the past few years, and we look forward to seeing what options the market can offer to further expand our renewable portfolio.”
The RFP will seek approximately 101 average megawatts of renewable power, equivalent to the output of a wind farm with a nameplate capacity of 330 to 385 megawatts – enough to serve more than 83,000 typical PGE residential customers. PGE is targeting 2015 to bring this resource online, when the renewable energy standard will require that 15 percent of retail customers’ energy needs be supplied from renewable resources.
PGE will hold two workshops to help inform interested parties and potential bidders and seek input on the draft RFP. Non-bidding stakeholders are invited to attend a 9-11 a.m. workshop on July 16, 2012. That same day, potential bidders are invited to attend a 3-5 p.m. workshop. Both workshops will be held in the World Trade Center Conference Center, 121 SW Salmon Street in Portland, Oregon.The company intends to submit a final draft RFP to the Oregon Public Utility Commission on July 25. The commission will accept comments and a recommendation from its staff before deciding whether to allow the RFP to proceed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV