BMC Software Inc. (BMC): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Loser
BMC Software (BMC) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Software & Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, BMC Software fell 29 cents (-0.7%) to $42.29 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of BMC Software exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.04-$42.94 after having opened the day at $42.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.58. Other company's within the Computer Software & Services industry that declined today were: Astea International (ATEA), down 9.8%, Asure Software (ASUR), down 7.1%, Optibase (OBAS), down 5.7%, and Bridgeline Digital (BLIN), down 5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full BMC Software Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV