SYDNEY, July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) --
- Revera, New Zealand's leading computing infrastructure and managed services provider, has announced the opening of a new Data Centre located in Wellington. The expansion is to support the exponential, multiple petabyte growth, of business critical data that Revera manages for more than 200 major NZ government and private organisations, using CommVault® Simpana® 9 software.
- The new Data Centre will be the 5 th Revera site, supplementing the existing locations in Tawa, Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington. Located in Hutt's Alexander Industrial Park the 4000m², Tier-3, TIA 942 standard development will enable the expansion of Revera's Homeland Service provision to more customers, and support the business growth that the company expects to see following the signing of a 10-year Department of Internal Affairs IaaS contract in October 2011.
- With CommVault Simpana software, Revera has fueled business expansion, scaling from dozens of customers, several hundred servers in two data centres and multiple terabytes of data to hundreds of customers, thousands of virtual servers across five data centres and multiple petabytes of data —without having to dramatically increase its administrative overhead.
- Revera's Homeland Services provide a variety of innovative utility computing offerings, encompassing Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), disaster recovery (DR) and customised managed services backed by around-the-clock local support. CommVault's singular platform and modern data management approach have accelerated the delivery of these value-added services while ensuring seamless scalability to address rapid business growth.
- Simpana software is a powerful, enabling technology that drives the deployment of highly differentiated services, leveraging CommVault's integrated functionality for backup and recovery, archive and replication.
- According to Revera, CommVault Simpana software's multi-tenant architecture is ideally suited for shared services and also enables the MSP to easily and cost-effectively tailor backup and recovery services while meeting strict Service Level Agreements, including zero-downtime to one-hour recoveries of Microsoft Exchange databases.
- With Simpana software, Revera has rolled out new services across physical and virtual server environments while lowering operating costs and increasing service levels.
- With Simpana SnapProtect® technology, for instance, the organisation creates hardware snapshot copies internal to its storage arrays, which enables performing hundreds of virtual machine backups in minutes while creating multiple recovery points throughout the day for enhanced data protection.
- Additionally, CommVault's embedded, global deduplication capability reduces both bandwidth and operating costs by eliminating redundant data and using network bandwidth more efficiently. This advanced functionality is especially important in New Zealand, where bandwidth is expensive and connectivity challenges abound. The decrease in operating costs can be passed along to customers by the MSP in terms of other valued-added services.
- According to Revera, utilizing Simpana Archive functionality, it can offer a new, value-added service that will help customers reduce the cost of long-term data retention while enabling improved information governance.
- "We specialise in the technology sets, strategies and methodologies at the infrastructure level, instead of trying to be everything to everybody. We're also 100-percent locally managed, which means our support really is 24x7x365. CommVault Simpana software is one of our most important tool sets in that it enhances our ability to manage petabytes of data across a shared, multi-tenant environment, more efficiently and cost effectively."
- "We continually set ourselves apart from everybody else as specialists who move fast and efficiently. CommVault Simpana software plays a major role in helping us maintain our technical leadership while making it easier to meet aggressive growth demands."
- "Simpana software keeps Revera ahead of the pack and clearly differentiates us in the marketplace. CommVault' enterprise-class data management foundation will continue to fuel Revera's abilities to customise our managed services as our clients' needs dictate while successfully meeting our long-term, managed services business strategy."
- For us, there's no point in having someone in the States support Revera. Just as we pride ourselves on giving our customers local support, we wanted support for our data protection solution based in Australia or New Zealand.We appreciated the fact that CommVault has a dedicated support team on the ground here to give us hands-on, responsive support."
- "With Simpana software, we've been able to grow across the geography much more seamlessly and use available bandwidth much more efficiently. In that sense, CommVault has given us an impressive ROI."
- "As Microsoft Exchange is one of the biggest growth areas for Revera's customers, they'll be able to take full advantage of Simpana Archive to effectively address increasing data volumes without a lot of additional costs or impact on governance requirements."
- Revera Case Study http://webdocs.commvault.com/assets/revera-case-study.pdf
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software http://www.commvault.com/products.html
- More CommVault news http://news.commvault.com/
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Join CommVault on LinkedIn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV