On the con side, Medicaid expansion would be funded completely by the federal government only through 2016. In 2017, federal funding for new Medicaid members would fall to 95%, phasing down to 90% in 2020 and beyond. Opponents note that states — already under pressure from a weak economy — would be required to step up spending as the feds step back.
Finally, expanding Medicaid is not a one-time decision for states. In theory, states could expand and receive the extra federal funding until 2016, and then contract if this funding changes. Service roll-backs may prove difficult.
For more information on how the Supreme Court’s decision on the Affordable Care Act affects states, contact email@example.com.
About HMSHMS is the nation's leader in coordination of benefits and program integrity services for healthcare payers. HMS's clients include health and human services programs in more than 40 states; commercial programs, including commercial plans, employers, and over 120 Medicaid managed care plans; the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); and Veterans Administration facilities. As a result of the company's services, clients recovered over $2 billion in 2011, and saved nearly $7 billion through the prevention of erroneous payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV