Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (the “Company”) (NYSE: KYN) today provided a summary unaudited statement of assets and liabilities and announced its net asset value and asset coverage ratios under the Investment Company Act of 1940 (the “1940 Act”) as of June 30, 2012.
As of June 30, 2012, the Company’s net assets were $2.3 billion, and its net asset value per share was $27.26. As of June 30, 2012, the Company’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to senior securities representing indebtedness was 396% and the Company’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to total leverage (debt and preferred stock) was 279%.
|Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company|
|Statement of Assets and Liabilities|
|June 30, 2012|
|(in millions)||Per Share|
|Receivable for securities sold||21.6||0.26|
|Payable for securities purchased||5.8||0.07|
|Deferred tax liability||536.5||6.46|
|The Company had 83.06 million common shares outstanding as of June 30, 2012.|
Long-term investments were comprised of Midstream MLP (69%), MLP Affiliate (9%), General Partner MLP (7%), Shipping MLP (5%), Upstream MLP & Income Trust (3%), Coal & Other MLP (2%) and Other (5%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV