JACKSONVILLE, Fla., July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As the Fourth of July holiday approaches and summer travel continues, CSX Corporation (NYSE: CSX) and its employees remind neighbors, pedestrians and motorists to stay away from railroad tracks and to use caution at grade crossings.
According to the Federal Railroad Administration, 427 people died in 2011 while trespassing on rail property. These tragedies could be avoided, and CSX conducts public safety outreach to raise awareness of potential hazards on tracks and at crossings.
"The summer months are a time to reconnect with family and friends, but we also see more people trespassing or taking unnecessary risks at crossings," said Cliff Stayton, Community Affairs and Safety director, CSX. "We encourage everyone to use common sense, never underestimate the dangers of trespassing, and to be alert while near railroad tracks."
To prevent injuries and save lives, CSX offers these safety reminders:
- Always yield to trains. It can take more than a mile for a train to come to a complete stop;
- Always be alert to passing trains. Trains do not always operate on predictable schedules; and
- Never trespass on railroad property. It's illegal and dangerous.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV