NEW YORK (Trefis) -- Apple (AAPL) is planning to include Yelp (YELP) integration in its new Maps application in iOS 6. It will enable users to check in to different locations and businesses directly using the Yelp service on the Maps application, without the need to open the Yelp app.
By being the default check-in app for Maps on iOS, Yelp could see a significant increase in engagement and check-in activity following the integration, given the massive iOS user base and the significantly higher average internet and app usage among them.
Check out our complete analysis of Yelp
Apple already integrated Yelp's functionality in iOS 5.1 to return results powered by Yelp whenever users search for recommendations on local businesses using Siri, and also started directing all requests for reviews and ratings directly to Yelp's mobile site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV